Friday, 5 July 2013
The Liebster Blog Award
I was honoured with the Liebster Blog Award by Yolanda Isabel Regueira Marin who is not only a wonderful person but also a great writer and poet. Visit her blog Love, Pain and Other Catastrophes on:
So before I proceed let me first convey my sincere appreciation to Yolanda for nominating me for this award!
Here are the nomination rules:
1. List eleven random facts about you.
2. Nominate eleven bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award.
3. Notify the bloggers.
4. Ask eleven questions the bloggers must answer upon receiving the award.
5. Answer the eleven questions you were asked when you were nominated.
6. Link back to the person who nominated you.
Eleven random facts about me:
1. I'm a Sri Lankan but I currently live in the UK
2. I'm a cat person but I love dogs too
3. Yellow is my favourite colour
4. I studied Sociology but became a Travel Writer
5. I believe that life is a journey not a destination
6. Paris is the most romantic city I've seen so far
7. I often escape the miseries of life through poetry
8. I love kids but don't have any
9. I don't have sisters or brothers
10. I can't live without tea
11. I'm a good listener
Questions for my Nominees:
1. What was your favourite story/book as a child?
2. What colour is your hair? I mean your 'natural' hair colour
3. Tea or coffee?
4. What's the most memorable gift you have received?
5. Say 'hello' in a language other than your native
6.The rarest animal/plant you have seen? For real (not on the internet or tv)
7. If you were a super hero what power would you have?
8. Are you a clean freak or absolutely messy?
9. What don't you enjoy doing while on holiday
10.What makes you nervous?
11. One ingredient for happiness?
My answers to Yolanda's questions:
1. Oh so many! 'Grown ups', 'Meet the Fockers' and many more
2. My earliest memory is of falling asleep against my father's shoulder listening to him humming a soft tune. I may have been 4...
3. Favourite subject...has to be music
4. Yes, but thankfully my mother was a maths teacher hence home coaching
5. I do appreciate modern art my own way
6. There are so many but Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice and Daphne Du Maurier's Rebecca are two winners.
7.Yes, my first digital camera and where I'm from it was very expensive
8. Yes I have
And last but not least my nominees:
http://zeesouthcombe.com/blog/ Zee Southcombe
http://mydenhere.blogspot.in/ Urvashi Vashistha
http://afrodamusjonz.blogspot.co.uk/ Michael David Saunders Hall
http://fromthesoulofapoet.blogspot.co.uk/ Scott David Buckley
http://ghadaaroussi.blogspot.co.uk/ Laroussi Ghada
http://penpaperpad.com/ Tamara Woods
http://dylandubois.blogspot.co.uk/ Dylan DuBois
http://adriannajoleigh.com/ Adrianna Joleigh
http://sensoryanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/ Afrodite Janus
http://ratnibbles.blogspot.co.uk/ Rat J
http://joyfindlayauthor.blogspot.co.nz/ Joy Findlay
Congrats to all of you and keep up good work!!